Sidestream multi-gas analyzer measuring end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) and one of five anesthetic agent with manual selection of specific agent type, the Dual Gas displays various parameters such as concentration of EtCO2 and anesthetic gas, respiration rate, and MAC ( Minimum Alveolar Concentration). It is designed for plug-and-play with BM Pro series (BM3Vet Pro / BM5Vet Pro / BM7Vet Pro), BM3Vet Touch, and BM7Vet.
- EtCO2: Display of concentration value of carbon dioxide during expiration
- FiCO2: Display of concentration value of carbon dioxide during inspiration
- AWRR: Airway Respiration Rate. Display of the number of respirations per minute
- Upper/lower limit value of alarm: Display of alarm setting range value for the concentration of EtCO2
- Apnea detection time: Display of apnea setting time in second unit
- % of anesthetic agent concentration: Display of concentration value of anesthetic agent during inspiration and expiration under mechanically ventilated general anesthesia
- MAC: Minimum Alveolar Concentration of a gas at which 50% of subjects do not respond to surgical incision – MAC is a population average; not a true predictor of an individual’s response
Benefits of anesthetic gas monitoring
- When values are out of range, alarm will go off while simultaneously monitoring CO2 and anesthetic gas.
- Monitors the anesthesia maintenance through MAC parameters.
- May help prevent overdose of anesthetic gas.
- Monitors anesthetic gas concentration to help ensure proper functioning of the vaporizer.
- Records anesthetic gas volume from procedure.
Main Advantages & Features
- Low cost, durable, and proven sidestream technology that accurately measures both EtCO2 and the concentration of the anesthetic agent (5 different anesthetic agents selectable).
- 30 sec. warm-up time upon system initiation and fast response time.
- Infrared (IR) light source with optical bandpass filtering technology that makes it free from frequent high calibration, eliminating constant calibration
- Proprietary advanced pneumatics and filtering system that offers highest protection and safety of the system in the sidestream technology.
- Large water trap filtering system without frequently changing the water trap, compared to competitors whose systems use moisture-absorbing filters which require frequent filter changes.
- Water level detection that prevents excess moisture for safer operation.
- Provides EtCO2, FiCO2, Respiration Rate, Anesthetic Agent Concentration, and MAC (Minimum Alveolar Concentration) parameters
How to connect Dual Gas module to BM3Vet Touch and BM7Vet
Dual Gas module 1 ea, Water Trap 1 ea, Sampling Line 1 ea, Airway Adapter 1 ea, Mounting Brackets 1 set and Quick Guide 1 ea