The Dual Gas module is a sidestream multi-gas analyzer measuring end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) and one of five anesthetic agents (isoflurane, sevoflurane, enflurane, halothane and desflurane) with manual selection of the specific agent type. The Dual Gas parameter window shows the concentration of EtCO2 and an anesthetic gas, respiration rate, and MAC (Minimum Alveolar Concentration). The Dual Gas module is designed for plug-and-play with the BM Pro Series (BM3Vet Pro / BM5Vet Pro / BM7Vet Pro), BM3Vet Touch, and BM7Vet.
- EtCO2: Display of concentration value of carbon dioxide during expiration
- FiCO2: Display of concentration value of carbon dioxide during inspiration
- AWRR: Airway Respiration Rate. Display of the number of respirations per minute
- Upper/lower limit value of alarm: Display of alarm setting range value for the concentration of EtCO2
- Apnea detection time: Display of apnea setting time in second unit
- % of anesthetic agent concentration: Display of concentration value of anesthetic agent during inspiration and expiration under mechanically ventilated general anesthesia.
- MAC: Minimum Alveolar Concentration of a gas at which 50% of subjects do not respond to surgical incision – MAC is a population average; not a true predictor of an individual’s response
Benefits of anesthetic gas monitoring
- An alarm will sound if the values are out of range, while simultaneously monitoring CO2 and anesthetic gas.
- Monitor the anesthesia maintenance through MAC parameter.
- May help prevent overdose of anesthetic gas.
- Monitor anesthetic gas concentration to help ensure proper functioning of your vaporizer.
- Records anesthetic gas volume from procedure.
Superior Advantages and Features
- Low cost, durable, and proven sidestream technology that accurately measures both EtCO2 and the concentration of the anesthetic agent (5 different anesthetic agents selectable).
- 30 seconds warm-up time upon system initiation, and offers fast response time.
- Infrared (IR) light source with optical bandpass filtering technology allows the Dual Gas system to be free from frequent or routine high calibration (gain calibration) procedures using calibration gas, eliminating routine hustle of conducting system calibration to maintain accurate performance.
- Zero calibration ensures the system performs accurately regardless of environment.
- Proprietary advanced pneumatics and filtering system offer the highest protection and safety of the system in the sidestream technology.
- Large Water Trap filtering system allows the Dual Gas system to continually run without the need to frequently change the water trap, even in highly moisturized situations. Many other systems use moisture-absorbing filters, which require frequent filter changes.
- Water level detection feature helps prevent excess moisture for safer operation.
- Provides EtCO2, FiCO2, Respiration Rate, Anesthetic Agent Concentraion, and MAC (Minimum Alveolar Concentration) parameters
How to connect Dual Gas module to BM3Vet Touch and BM7Vet
Dual Gas module 1 ea, Water Trap 1 ea, Sampling Line 1 ea, Airway Adapter 1 ea, Mounting Brackets 1 set and Quick Guide 1 ea